Corey J. O’Connell, CPA/ABV, is a Financial Analyst with Value Consulting Group. At Value Consulting Group, Corey provides business valuation consulting and litigation support services. Corey assists clients with business valuation and litigation support issues related to marital dissolution, estate planning, shareholder dissolution, ESOPs, and management planning. Corey’s abilities include analyzing historical financial information, completing relevant economic and industry research, applying appraisal methodologies while assisting in determining the conclusion of value, and preparing appraisal reports. Corey prides himself in ensuring projects are completed at a high level of quality in a timely, professional manner.
Corey joined Value Consulting Group at the beginning of 2012 after working at a Big Four accounting firm, where he provided audit and advisory services to a variety of clients and companies in the health care, manufacturing, and consumer products industries. Corey began his career with the Federal Government, spending three years as an auditor performing contract audits primarily for the Department of Defense, in addition to other Federal Agencies.
- Performed numerous litigation support engagements handling a variety of complex financial issues
- Performed numerous business valuation engagements within various industries
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Board member and secretary, Family Law League
- Bachelor of Accounting, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Specialized business valuation, litigation support and tax conferences and seminars