Patrick K. Schmidt, ASA, MBA, has been providing business valuation and litigation support services on a full-time basis since 1991, and has completed more than 4,000 business valuation projects. Prior to founding Value Consulting Group, Patrick has held leadership positions at three regional CPA and consulting firms.
At Value Consulting Group, Patrick is President and the lead of business valuation services. Patrick has obtained the senior designation in business valuation (ASA) from the American Society of Appraisers, one of the oldest and most respected appraisal organizations in the United States. He is a frequent speaker on valuation topics, and has written several articles as well.
Patrick assists clients in business valuation and litigation support issues, including mergers and acquisitions, marital dissolutions, estate planning, damage and lost profit calculations, intangible asset valuation and management planning. He was also an adjunct instructor at the University of St. Thomas MBA program in Minneapolis/St. Paul from 2002 through 2009.
- Performed over 4,000 business valuations for a variety of purposes
- Provided expert witness testimony in over 30 cases, including marital dissolution, bankruptcy, share holder disputes, and commercial litigation
- Consulted with clients related to value creation, estate planning, management succession, and mergers and acquisitions
- American Society of Appraisers – Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Institute of Business Appraisers
- Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Ripon College with majors in Business
Administration and Spanish
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Minnesota Carlson School of Business with concentration in Finance
- Many specialized business valuation and litigation support seminars and courses